Local Area Attractions
- Visit Downtown Forest
- Spend the day relaxing and fishing at Family “C” RV Park
- Day trip to Okatibbee Lake, one of the area’s largest fresh water lakes. Okatibbee is an excellent fishing lake located on the Chickasawhay branch of the Pascagoula River Basin. Extensive beaver flowages, stump beds and old creek channels provide abundant cover where anglers battle largemouth and striped bass. Large populations of catfish, crappie and bream are also present. Crappie, catfish, stripers and bass are caught from the fishing platform at the tailrace below the dam. More than 20 fish attractors and several bream beds have been constructed in the lake. A cooperative management program with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, & Parks includes the annual stocking of both forage and game fish. Check local regulations before fishing.
- Neshoba County Fair® Established in 1889, fosters political, agricultural, and social exchanges of knowledge and ideas. Home of the state’s only licensed horse track since 1922 and the nation’s largest campground fair, the fair is “Mississippi’s Giant House Party®” and was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Come stay with us the last week of July and visit the Neshoba County Fair in Philadelphia.
- Roosevelt State Park conveniently located between Meridian and Jackson, Mississippi, offers an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities in a picturesque setting. The park’s scenic overlook provides a panoramic view of the Bienville National Forest. The gently sloping landscape is particularly striking during the fall, when the forest is bright with autumn colors.
- Golden Memorial State Park memorializes a post civil War, one-room school once located on the site. Picnic tables, grills, and 2 picnic pavilions give visitors the opportunity to fully enjoy the park. Several nature trails and a 15-acre spring-fed lake stocked with bass and bream are also onsite.
- Scott County’s 86,000 acres of National Forest land which is open to public hunting, fishing or hiking.
- Shockaloe Riding Trail – part of the Bienville National Forest, provides hiking and horseback riding trails, hitching areas, water, comfort stations. The 26 mile rounte is a favorite of horse lovers throughout the country.
- Silver Star Resort & Casino located in Philadelphia, Mississippiis a Native American casino in Philadelphia, Mississippi and is open 24 hours. The 90,000 square foot casino features 3,100 slots and 100 table games.
- Visit our Jackson our state capital or go in the opposite direction to Meridian. Both are just a little over 40 miles from Forest.
Try some of the many more activities available. We are close to civilization, but still far enough away to be restful and quiet.